Here at Head to Tail Pets we have a wide range of small animals in store these include:
Guinea Pigs make a great first pet as they are reasonably easy to care for and generally enjoy being touched and cuddled when handled calmly and carefully. We have a wide variety of different breeds that come into store these include:
* Texel (Curly fur, generally short)
* Abyssinian (generally have spiky fur, toughs of fur going in all directions)
* Standard (Your typical guinea pig, often straight fur ranging in different lengths)
* Standard X (Normally crossed with Abyssinian, mixture of straight and spiky fur)
* Peruvian (Straight long fur sometimes wavy)
Come in store to have a look at what Guinea Pigs we currently have available.
Rabbits are very similar to Guinea pigs in the way that you care for them. Rabbits prefer to be in a cage where they can stretch their legs and run. When handled calmly and carefully they make a beautiful pet for anyone of any age. We have a wide variety of breeds that come into store these include:
*Angora (varies in coat texture depending on the type of Angora, coat length can range from medium to long)
* Flemish Giant (Reasonably coarse fur, short to medium length coat)
*Rex (Velvet fur, short length coat)
* Mini Lop (Soft, Short – medium length coat)
* Dwarf Lop (soft, short – medium length coat)
* Standard (Typical rabbit, soft fur, short to medium length coat)
* Standard X (Standard rabbit crossed with another breed, coat length and texture differs)
Come in store to have a look at what Rabbits we currently have available.
Rats make great pets especially for those who don’t have a lot of room for a Rabbit/Guinea pig cage. Rats are great for people that don’t have a large backyard or are living in a small unit/apartment due to them not taking up a lot of space. Rats are larger in size compared to a mouse making them a better pet for a younger child due to them being easier to handle. Rats like any pet still need to be treated with care and handled calmly and carefully. We generally only have Standard bred rats in store.
Come in store to have a look at what Rats we currently have available.
Mice are similar to rats in the way you care for them. The biggest difference is their size, mice are very small in comparison to rats this means you have to handle mice with even more care. Mice make a great pet for any age and with proper care and handling they become quite affectionate.
Come in store to have a look at what Mice we currently have available.